Saturday, February 2, 2013

YESTERDAY...I Slipped


Yesterday I had intended to do my yoga practice in the afternoon, rather than in the morning.  Uggh. MISTAKE!  The afternoon gets a little congested with things to do around the house and with the kids, so I should have known better.  So, yesterday was the first day I slipped up and didn't do yoga in almost 4 weeks.

I was feeling guilty last night and was feeling a bit crappy for missing out. I had been on a roll! It was my goal to not miss any days...ever? Is that goal realistic?  Well yes, and no.  It is possible, I know that. And I think it's definitely worth striving for, but it shouldn't get me down if I miss out.

The Erin I was last month, would have shrugged it off and used it as an excuse to skip the practice the next day. And the next day. And the next month.  I know because I did that for years!  I would slip up one time, get discouraged, and before I knew it, I was back into my old worthless habits again.

Today, even though I was bummed at myself when I went to sleep, woke up with a fresh attitude. I had some tea and ate a little breakfast, then decided to just practice more than an hour (normal time I dedicate to yoga each day). I could make up for lost time! 

I did yoga for about an hour and forty minutes and felt so much better about myself! Not only had I repaid myself for my slip up, but I restored a little faith in myself. I didn't allow this to let me get side-tracked and fall off the wagon.  I know I can pick up where I left off and not come down on myself so hard if I do something I shouldn't.  The very worst thing I can ever do is lose sight of the person I want to be, physically, spiritually, and mentally.  Again, I am a work in progress. I can do this!

I know I can't undo a slip up, but I can always make up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment