Monday, February 4, 2013

Changing Winds...

I bought the house we live in almost 7 years ago, lived in it for 2, then moved back to San Diego where I'm from.  After being back in San Diego for about a year, I met Joe, we lived together almost instantly, then we had to come out here almost 4 years ago to clean up/repair a disaster a tenant left behind.  Since we got here, we've planned to move back to Southern CA, but I the winds are changing...

We don't like living in TN, so we're definitely not staying here. It's not a bad place, but we feel we've done our share of exploring, and it's just our time to move on.We're planning to move this year, and everyone is there, in CA, waiting for us. Everyone wants us back. I love CA. I love my family. I love my friends. And, my job isn't so bad (I work from home for a company based out of San Diego). Wouldn't all signs point us in that direction?You'd think so...

The wind is blowing me elsewhere. I want adventure. I want to try something new and exciting. I want a new story to tell.  If we go back to CA we can have a good life, I'm not saying that we can't. I'm just saying that we know what to expect and I wasn't wanting to return there for my own reasons. I've been planning to go back because that's what we're expected to do. Like I said, EVERYONE wants us back. For the most part, people live where they want to. People stay living near the place they grew up with all of their family and friends.  It's comfortable and, well, they know what to expect.  I have a few friends that have told me that they wished they could move away but..."I can't, everyone is here."  I understand that feeling. I would have taken all of my friends and family with me when I came to TN in the first place. It just doesn't work like that though.  There's a handful of people like me that dare to venture off, and take a chance seeking a different kind of life.  I was that person 7 years ago, I forgot her, and now I'm remembering her.

What's funny, is Joe is like this too. He's originally from IA, and has lived in FL, Jamaica, AZ, CA. He enjoys being in new places and enjoying the different things life has to offer. We're free birds and I'm happy that we're willing to flock together.

In the matter of a day I decided CA wasn't going to work out for us...or at least for me. I talked to Joe about the pros and cons, and we decided we are going to move near the Gulf of Mexico.  What's in our budget? What type of scenery/activities are we looking for? What do we want in a home?  We narrowed it down to the Mobile area of Alabama.  I'm sure a confused look would cover the face of anyone comparing the sounds of CA to AL.  I too would be confused if I tried to picture this without first looking into it.  But, really it's quite beautiful!  We could still have a country setting, a home 2-3 times the size of what we could afford in CA, have 5 times the land, still enjoy mountains/lakes/rivers, and the ocean!  It's about a 40 minute drive the beautiful white sandy beaches (which are FAR more lovely than CA beaches), and only a couple hours from New Orleans and fun activities I've been dying to explore in swamp country!

So, the new plan is to move South.  I'm excited for the new adventure and hell, the price tag is much more appealing too!





No comments:

Post a Comment