Monday, February 25, 2013

Some Place In Between

Over the weekend I took some time to think about my place in the world.  Where do I fit in, in the big scheme of things? What is my purpose? Where is my place?

I'm not a rich person in the eyes of most people, though I have the most important riches which are love and family.  I'm not poor, even though I without a savings account and I live paycheck to paycheck. I'm just some place in between.

I'm not a motivational speaker, a miracle worker, or a counselor. I'm also not one to turn my back on someone in need of an ear, a shoulder, or shelter. I'm just some place in between. I find encouragement and inspiration in the strong, and I help and defend those who need it and cant defend themselves.

I guess what I'm saying is, I know there are people stronger than me. I admit I need to feel inspired and motivated by things that others say and do. But, I also know I am here to help other people as well.  Several times throughout my life, people have told how much something I have said or done has helped them in one way or another.

I am comfortable in this place right now. A place where I can seek guidance and help when I need it. The same place where I can help and guide or inspire others who need me.

Some people may not understand that... how is it possible to help someone when you need help yourself?  It just is. I know it's possible because I've been here for years and years.



No comments:

Post a Comment