Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What are you feeding yourself?

You have to eat to live.  I know that I have survived thus far by doing so, but I have also fed myself an abundance of garbage.

This year I have really been focusing on eating things to nourish my body, rather than feeding my cravings.  I'm trying to train myself to shop, for the most part, around the edge of the store (there are still exceptions to this rule).  I focus heavily on the produce section, primarily vegetables (organic when possible), and whole meats (NO processed lunch meat, sausage, prepackaged "faux" meat), eggs and very little dairy.  If you are willing to follow this plan, you will find yourself feeling so much better! I feel lighter, my head is clearer, and I feel more energized.  I plan to get much more detailed with my feeding plan, but this is a gradual introduction to making this change long term.

The majority of the things in the isles are crap. Pure crap!  I do venture into the isles to buy stevia (natural sweetener), sea salt and other spices, olive oil, and teas...and I can't forget PEANUT BUTTER! I do grab cereal and random snacks for the kids, but I am slowly introducing less of those sugary items to them as well. If you can slowly start steering your shopping cart around the store, avoiding the isles, you'll start to appreciate yourself more after a few short weeks.

Can't imagine your dinner plate without mac-n-cheese, or microwaveable rice?  Just swap out your starchy cardboard-powdered cheese funk combo with a fresh salad or slaw.  Hell, even just some sliced tomatoes pretty up your plate, and provide you with something you need rather than something you need to rid yourself of.

Worth trying, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment